CBD Edibles vs. Oil: Which is Better for You?
CBD Edibles vs. Oil: What are the differences, advantages and benefits of each? Nature’s Script™ offers both, plus several other types of CBD products used by millions of people for a variety of reasons. But edibles and oil are certainly the most popular ways to enjoy all the health and wellness benefits of CBD. What’s better and why? Let’s break down one of the most frequently debated topics in the industry: CBD Edibles vs. Oil.
What is CBD?
Before we explore the different ways to enjoy CBD, let’s give a brief overview of why millions of people enjoy Nature’s Script premium CBD products. CBD products have been around for decades, but have only recently gained mainstream popularity for their powerful therapeutic qualities thanks to ongoing scientific studies. CBD, or Cannabidiol, is a natural compound extracted from Industrial Hemp grown on American farms, and it does not have any of the psychoactive effects associated with its sister compound THC. In other words, you can enjoy all the health and wellness benefits of CBD without “feeling high.” CBD works in conjunction with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which maintains homeostasis and regulates many other important bodily functions, such as the body’s pain sensation, memory, mood, appetite, immune function, reproductive function and more. The ECS is made up of two types of receptors, CB1 and CB2, that are already configured to accept cannabinoids like CBD, and they’re found on cells throughout the body. Similar to how a specific key fits a specific lock, CBD naturally links with these receptors to trigger a variety of health and wellness benefits based on how and where the CBD is absorbed into the body. These benefits include the promotion of a calm and relaxed state, better sleep, stress relief and more. This is only the beginning of the CBD wellness story. Check out our online resource for more information on the benefits of CBD.
Understanding CBD Bioavailability
Before we get into a detailed comparison between CBD Edibles and CBD Oils, it’s important to understand a key aspect of how CBD products actually provide their effects: bioavailability. Bioavailability is “the rate in which a substance enters the bloodstream and is circulated to specific organs or tissues.” When we’re discussing CBD Edibles vs. Oil, bioavailability is the rate at which CBD metabolizes and the compound reaches your ECS. It’s important to understand bioavailability because it varies based on the delivery method. For example, CBD Edibles have a bioavailability between 6% to 20% and CBD Oil has a bioavailability around 10% to 35%. This means that you might need to consume a larger serving of an edible product to get the desired amount of CBD in your system versus an oil. Furthermore, although it takes longer for edibles to affect you than oil, those effects can last longer – with edibles lasting up to six hours while oil only lasts a few hours. Click here to learn more about how long CBD lasts with different delivery methods.
CBD Edibles vs. Oil
When it comes to CBD Edibles vs. Oil, which is better for you? In short: there’s no right answer. Everyone is different, and the way you consume CBD might vary from someone else, but it isn’t necessarily “better.” Everything from dietary restrictions to lifestyle choices to your daily schedule can change when, why and especially how you enjoy CBD. That’s why Nature’s Script offers so many different ways to incorporate CBD into your life. It’s not just about consuming CBD, but using it as a topical to soothe joint and muscle pain, enhancing a relaxing bath and much more. Let’s learn more about the differences and advantages of CBD Edibles vs. Oil so you can decide for yourself which is better for you.
Nature’s Script CBD Edibles come in a variety of products to give you more choices in how to consume CBD. These include CBD Syrups, CBD Capsules and CBD Gummies. Our capsules and gummies are our most popular types of edibles. CBD Edibles contain a pre-measured serving of CBD and are perfect if you don’t want to worry about measuring out your CBD every time you take it. That makes edibles the easiest way to consume CBD. Swallow a capsule or chew a delicious gummy, and you’re all set. Our capsules are flavorless and are as easy to take as swallowing a pill. However, our gummies taste great, and are a refreshing treat with the benefits of CBD built right in. Keeping a few gummies or capsules in your gym, work or travel bags is a great way to take CBD on the go.
An Ode to Oil
CBD Oil, also known as tincture, is perhaps the earliest and most widespread method for consuming CBD. And it’s easy to understand why customers love Nature’s Script CBD Oil. It travels easily in a small bottle with a dropper built into the cap. This means you can take a large amount of CBD with you in a relatively small container. The dropper has measurements to easily increase or decrease your serving so you’re getting exactly the amount of CBD you need. Whether it’s flavored or unflavored, you can easily mix it into your favorite foods or drinks. And best of all, CBD Oil can be taken sublingually, or under the tongue, which allows for quick absorption of CBD to the bloodstream. Learn even more about CBD Oil here.
CBD Edibles vs. Oil: The Comparison
But how do these two forms of CBD consumption compare to one another?
- Because edibles must be digested first, their bioavailability is lower than oil which can be taken sublingually. However, the effects of CBD Edibles last longer than those of CBD Oil.
- Capsules are flavorless, and while CBD Oil comes in an unflavored variety, it is not “flavorless,” and some people don’t like the flavor of natural hemp.
- CBD Oil enables you to increase and decrease your serving to a precise amount, while CBD Edibles are pre-measured and cannot be easily adjusted.
- CBD Edibles are easier to take: just chew it or drink it and you’re done. CBD Oil must be measured each time you take it.
- Portability: CBD Oil is better for bringing on long trips as you can carry a large amount of CBD in one small bottle. But because you have to measure out CBD Oil, it’s harder to literally take it on the go. CBD Edibles are best for bringing a few with you to enjoy throughout the day, at the office or anywhere else you need the benefits of CBD. However, a large bottle of CBD Gummies takes up more space than a bottle of CBD Oil, and may not be ideal for longer trips.
- CBD Oil can be added to food and drink to incorporate more CBD into your diet, whereas CBD Edibles cannot always be easily added to foods and drinks. However, CBD Syrup can be added to your favorite drinks to enhance the flavor of both.
- While CBD Gummies are one of our most popular products, those with certain dietary restrictions and those watching their sugar intake might prefer CBD Oil.
So when deciding between CBD Edibles vs. Oil, you can trust Nature’s Script to consistently deliver a quality product every time, no matter how you prefer to consume your CBD. And with so many options to choose from, there’s no reason to limit yourself to just CBD Edibles or Oil. We hope you’ll try all our products and decide for yourself which ones are best for you.