What is Hemp Extract?
Hemp Extract, also known as Hemp Oil or CBD Oil, is derived from Industrial Hemp. Hemp Extract is used as a supplement to improve health in many ways, and it’s considered very safe. In recent years, Hemp Extract has been rapidly gaining popularity as more people discover the medical versatility and therapeutic benefits of this powerful plant. Unlike many traditional medications, Hemp Extract does not cause unpleasant side effects and it is not addictive (though you may get hooked on the feeling of great sleep and a calm, relaxed life).
CBD Oil helps by gently and effectively supporting your body’s system for keeping your health stable. Your body has an Endocannabinoid system, or ECS, which produces cannabinoids to regulate natural functions like sleep and mood, while also relieving pain, inflammation and other types of imbalance in the body. Because CBD Oil (Cannabidiol) also contains cannabinoids, it works in harmony with the ECS to help the body maintain balance and harmony. CBD Oil can be used for potential targeted relief or a daily boost of health benefits.
What issues can Hemp Extract potentially help with?
One of the reasons Hemp Extract is so popular is its ability to help with a wide variety of mental and physical health issues. Because CBD Oil works with the ECS, which affects many functions in the body, it can have a positive impact in different areas of health. Many of our customers use Hemp Extract to help reduce stress and anxiety, promote an enhanced sense of calm and relaxation and more.
Will Hemp Extract get me high?
No, Hemp Extract will not get you high. Even though Hemp is part of the Cannabis family, it contains very minimal traces of the compound that produces a “high,” known as THC. Even if you smoked Hemp, you would not have a psychoactive experience. Many Hemp Extracts, including Nature’s Script’s Hemp Extract, contain less than 0.3% THC, which means you will not get high. All of Nature's Script's CBD products are federally legal.
How is CBD Oil different from other Hemp products on the market?
It seems like Hemp products are popping up everywhere – you may even find some at your local supermarket. Hemp itself can be used to make clothing, produce paper and also build houses. In the health industry, most Hemp products aim to provide medicinal benefits. However, the health results can vary greatly depending on the product type. Here are some other everyday Hemp health products and their purposes:
- Hemp seed oil – Extracted from Hemp seeds, Hemp seed oil is a nutty oil used to make various foods. Unlike Hemp extract, it typically does not contain cannabinoids, so it is not used for medicinal purposes.
- Hemp seeds – Also known as Hemp hearts, Hemp seeds are typically used for nutritional purposes. These protein-packed seeds help support digestive health and offer an array of health benefits.
- Hemp milk – Similar to how almond milk is made, Hemp milk is made by blending Hemp seeds with water. Hemp milk offers the same benefits of Hemp seeds, and it’s an excellent option for those with milk allergies or lactose intolerance.
How do I choose a quality Hemp Extract?
The Hemp industry is multiplying rapidly, and sadly, this means fake, or knock-off products are also emerging on the market. Before you choose a CBD Oil product, it’s essential to do some research. Look for the following qualities in a Hemp brand:
- Third-party lab testing – Any company can say they are selling a premium CBD Oil product, and the only way to truly confirm the quality is with a third-party lab. Consider it a red flag if a Hemp Extract brand does not test with a third party or make lab test results readily available to you.
- Sourcing information – Since CBD Oil is a plant-based product, it’s important to make sure it is derived from a premium source. Look for a brand that sources its Hemp Extract from high-quality Industrial Hemp grown with sustainable methods.
- Potency – The medicinal benefits and impact on your health are primarily dependent on the potency or serving size of Hemp Extract you are taking. Look for a product with a potency level that aligns with your health needs.
- Claims about the product – While Hemp Extract is often highly effective in helping with a variety of issues, you may want to be skeptical if a brand promises grand results without valid research. For example, phrases like “guaranteed to cure cancer” or “100% proven to treat all pain” are not exactly ethical.
What forms of Hemp Extract are available?
One of the great qualities of Hemp Extract is it can be taken in many different forms. Whether you prefer edibles, vapes or topical applications, it should be easy to find a CBD product that fits your preferences. At Nature’s Script, we offer the following forms:
- Gummies– fun, chewy gummies packed with a potent serving of Hemp Extract
- Capsules– pre-measured capsules that are taken like any regular pill
- E-Liquids– for a calming vape experience and faster results
- Oil– a premium and potent serving that can be consumed sublingually or orally
- Syrup– a light, fruity liquid that allows you to customize your intake
- Pain Gel – for topical application, specifically to target muscle and joint pains
How do I get started?
You should always speak with your doctor beforehand, but many people are switching to Hemp Extract to support or replace pain pills, anxiety medications and daily vitamins. Starting a CBD Oil regiment is safe and straightforward. If you want to start experiencing the benefits of CBD in your life, we recommend following these steps:
1.) Research your brand. As we mentioned, it’s essential to learn more about the sourcing and quality of the Hemp Extract product you are considering. Take your time to find a brand you trust, and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
2.) Choose your form. Consider how you would like to consume your Hemp Extract. Most Hemp Extract products are available as edibles, oils, vapes or topicals (creams, balms, gels, etc.)
3.) Test it out slowly. Hemp Extract affects everyone differently, and it’s up to you to determine which serving size best suits your needs. We recommend starting with a small serving, like five to 15mg, and working your way up as you get a sense for how Hemp Extract makes you feel.